VISUAL MELTING RANGE APPARATUS
Visual Melting Range Apparatus is the latest, state-of-the-art microcontroller based instrument for determining of Melting Range of white as well as coloured samples in powdered form. Around 5mg of sample is uniformly spread on a glass slide and covered with coverslip. The slide is then placed on a specially designed uniformly heated round furnace and subjected to the heating rate specified by the user.
A Magnified image of the sample can be observed on a video monitor screen via a CCD camera. The effect of heat on the sample can be clearly seen. The change physical appearance of the sample with reference to temperature is recorded and the start of melting & end of melting are determined automatically. This automatic detection of start and end of melting can be easily verified by observing the melting process on the video screen.
A representation of the entire melting process in the form of a graphics printout is available for authentication as illustrated. This instrument also has a manual operation facility to lock the start of melting and end of melting. In Heat and Cool mode the Start Temperature of Melting as well as Solidification Temperature of sample can be locked manually.
The apparatus can also be used to detect melting point by capillary method by simply attaching capillary conversion accessory (optional)
- Organic / in organic Chemicals
- Plastics/ Polymers
- Fibers / Textiles etc.
- Advanced microcontroller based user friendly, state- of- the-art product design with alphanumeric splash waterproof polyester soft keys for keyboard. User interactive software in dialog mode ease of operation with protection against invalid entries.
- Visual Melting Range Apparatus is used for detecting the melting range/ melting point of substances.
- Alphanumeric entries of Sample Name, Sample Number Identification Number with date and time for authentication. Daily Auto incremented Run number and factory entered CUSTOMER NAME and Instrument Sr. No. on report printout make system foolproof and GLP compliant. Non -volatile memory storage of 20 methods with parameters. Last run result can be viewed or printed.
- Built-in-2 point Automatic calibration
- Calibration data with date & time stamp for authentication.
- User selectable operating modes:a)In AUTO detection Mode, start of melting & end melting are automatically detected by photo sensing the melting process via CCD Camera.b) In MANUAL detection mode, start of melting and end of melting can be locked with a key- press by user.
- Built- in Real time clock (RTC) for time display and on report printout
- Intelligent Lamp intensity Control with Soft Start.
- Selectable Report format, complying with GLP requirement:a) Report giving parameter and resultb) Report of calibration data.c) Graphics report of temperature c/s L. units with markings of start of melting and end of melting.d) Report of program parameters for 20 programs.
- Error indication helps the user to trace the problem.
- Melting RUN can be started with last run parameters.
- Facility to abort RUN by single key.
- Escape and Back key for better user interaction.
- STOP key for achieving isothermal condition during manual RUN.
- Printer compatibility: a) Dotmatrix ( Standard) b) Deskjet ( Optional)