WATERPROOF PORTABLE MULTIFUNCTION METER CX - 401
- CX-401 measures: pH, redox potential (mV), conductivity, resistivity, salinity in KCl or NaCl, TDS, dissolved oxygen in % of saturation or in mg/l, atmospheric pressure and temperature.
- “HOLD” function to freeze the result on the display.
- Signalisation of the result stabilisation “READY” with symbol and sound.
- Possibility of sending to a PC a report of calibration – up to 10 last calibrations.
- The meter may be used for the field measurements as well as during accurate laboratory work.
- The meter is equipped with an easy-to-read back-light LCD display with brightness control.
- All functions are distinctive by very high accuracy and repeatability. Unification of the operating procedures in all measuring functions makes working trouble-free.
- Low weight and small size make working in the field easier. Waterproof housing (IP-66) enables working in difficult conditions.
In the pH measurement function:
- Depending on the kind of applied electrode it may be used for clean water, sewage, soil, meat, paint etc.
- Calibration of the pH electrode in 1 to 5 points.
- Automatic detection of buffer solutions, their values may be set by the user.
- Automatic correction of the pH sample solution value changes along with the temperature changes for NIST standards.
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- Possibility of storing characteristics of 3 pH electrodes enables their quick replacing – very useful feature during field work.
- Automatic control of the electrode’s condition.
- Readout of the pH electrode condition and data – the zero offset and slope percentage may be checked.
In the mV and redox potential measurement function:
- Precise Redox potential measurement (accuracy 0.1mV).
- Possibility of mV measurement in relation to the set or measured reference potential (Vref).
- Possibility of automatic calculation of the redox reading in relation to chloride/silver electrode to the hydrogen electrode.
In the conductivity measurement function:
- Full measuring range enables measurements in ultra pure water, natural water as well as in very salty solutions.
- The liquid resistivity measurement option added.
- Salinity measurement in NaCl or KCl on the basis of the actual real characteristics.
- Defining the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) based on conductivity measurement.
- 6 sub-ranges switched automatically.
- In case of measurements of natural water with conductivity from 60 μS/cm to 1 mS/cm the meter enables using non-linear temperature compensation. The parameters of this type of water is determined in norm EN27888:1999 and concerns surface waters, deep water and well water. This solution lowers the measurement error.
- The measurement accuracy of the ultra pure water with temperature compensation was increased by automatic adjustment of the α coefficient depending on the temperature and kind of trace contaminations.
- Calibration by entering the constant K of the cell or in standard solutions in 1 to 5 points.
- Wide range of α coefficient 0 ÷ 10 % / °C chosen depending on the measured solution.
- Possibility of changing the reference temperature.
- High accuracy conductivity cell ECF-1 available as additional equipment. Measuring range 0÷500 mS/cm sufficient for measurements in ultra pure water and high salt concentration samples. Metal electrodes are easy to clean and PVC body protects it against mechanical damage.
- Possibility to measure electric admittance of tree seedlings – checking the vitality of seedlings after purchasing a special sensor.
In the oxygen measurement function:
- Possibility of measurement of the oxygen dissolved in the liquids and oxygen in the air.
- Atmospheric pressure measurement with automatic calculation of its influence on measurement of the dissolved oxygen in water in % or mg/l.
- Automatic conversion of the salinity measured in the conductivity mode to the oxygen measurement mode with calculation of its influence on the oxygen content value.
- Easy in use and maintenance galvanic oxygen sensor.
- 1 or 2 point oxygen sensor calibration.
- Wide measuring range enables measurements in lakes with blooming vegetation.
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation.
- Internal clock with date.
- Collecting up to 4000 results in the internal data logger with temperature, time and date, also taking series of measurements possible. Non-volatile memory of the stored results and calibration data Possibility of connecting with a PC by micro USB connector Software for data transmission and collection delivered in set.
- Powered by rechargeable batteries, or power adapter with USB – micro USB cable.
- The meter meets the GLP requirements.
- 24 months of warranty for the meter.
- The meter was awarded with a golden medal on International Fair EUROLAB.
- Possibility of choosing the meter equipped with separate connectors or with multi-pin connector for multifunction measuring head.
|Function||pH||mV||Conductivity,Salinity||O2 (mg/I)||O2 (%)air / water*||Temperature|
|Range||-2.000 ÷ 16.000 pH||±1999.9 mV||0 ÷ 1999.9 mS/ cm
0 ÷ 200 g/l KCl
0 ÷ 250 g/l NaCI
|0 ÷ 60 mg/l||0 ÷ 100 %
0 ÷ 600 %
|-50.0 ÷ 199.9 °C|
|Accuracy||±0.002 pH||±0.1 mV||±0.1%
>20 mS/cm: ±0,25%
Salinity ± 2%
|Temp. Compensation||-5 ÷110 °C||–||-5 ÷70 °C||0 ÷40 °C||0 ÷40 °C||–|
|α coefficient||–||–||0, 10 % / °C||–||–||–|
|Resistivity||Range:0.500 Ωcm ÷ 200MΩcm, accuracy: ±2% of the measured Value|
|Atm. Pressure Range||800 ÷ 1100 hPa|
|Dimensions (mm)||L = 149 W = 82 H= 22|
|Power||2 XAA 1.2V Rechargeable battery, 5V/1000 mA USB power adapter|
*Accuracy of the meter. The total error is dependent on the kind of applied probe.